About Me

My photo
22. Wanderlust Enthusiast. General Rambler.

Sunday 3 February 2013

Weekly Edit: Feeling Blue

Weekly Edit #1 - Scrapbook page devoted to denim, denim, denim! 
Denim, ladies and gentlemen, is having a moment.
I do not mean a 15 minutes of fame kind of moment, I do not mean a flash-fashion kind of moment, but a full blown, Susan Boyle I Dreamed A Dream kind of moment.

And I am completely swept away.

I would just like to begin with the statement that I, quite royally, DESPISE jeans.
I hate them.
I hate skinny. I hate flared. I hate bootcut. I hate boyfriend. I hate coloured and patterned and stone wash and black.
I just hate jeans.

Yes, it all down to a MASSIVE inferiority complex. Skinny jeans have always and will always be cool and I cannot pull them off. The fabric itself stretches across my thighs the way Lycra would go across an elephant. The colours are unflattering, and I've only ever encountered one pair that fit me at both the waist and the length and those were from a shop in California. Helpful.

Perfect Pini
But denim, I love.

And it's back in every form possible. From handbags to dresses, everyone is in on it.

Topshop's current denim range include the most perfect Pini I've ever seen. My wardrobe has to have it, coming into summer it'll be worn with lacy socks inside pretty Converse, and brightly coloured crop tops. Then come the winter the socks will become woolen tights and the crop tops into long sleeved shirts and jumpers. Stylish and warm (well, living in Manchester, a girl has to find a way to do both!).



A few of the beautiful Mary Katrantzou collection.
Meanwhile, Mary Katrantzou's Current/Elliot collaboration  combines must have prints with the season's must have fabric, creating everything from tops and shirts to dresses and shorts. I mean, yes, it's pricey and no, I'll never own an item within the collection, but, look at it! It's just such a pretty collection, which is almost a miracle since denim is a pretty hideous fabric.


I have also, been after an over sized denim jacket for what feels like a life time, but two of my housemates beat me to it (despite my insesnt whining) so now I just borrow theirs. It feels to me like even if the summer doesn't see in many blue skies (see again the note on me living in Manchester) then at least my wardrobe will be. I support double denim. I really do, if you can pull it off without looking a member of B*Witched then you're going places in life, and if you're one of the few lucky bitches/indie boys that can rock the skinny, then chances are you are already within life's elite.

- Much love xo





















No comments:

Post a Comment