About Me

My photo
22. Wanderlust Enthusiast. General Rambler.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

The One In Which I Acquire a Boyfriend

A strange, funny and mysterious thing happened this weekend my darling, devoted readers.
I became a 'girlfriend'.
Which, for those of you who are unaware of relationship terminologies means that I, yes, me, Miss Hayley Olimba Devlin, have a boyfriend.
A boy who is more than merely just my friend.
Not someone I am sleeping with.
Not even someone I am texting and sort of fancy.
No, no. I have a full blown, bonafide, real as the present day boyfriend.

I know, I know. I'm still waiting to wake up and for it to have been an odd dream following a heavy night out.

So, here comes the question. How, I ask, does the girl who has been single forever, and who very much liked it that way, despite her near constant drone, become someone's other half? And how does she do so without turning into one of the regular relationship psychopaths?
You know, because people in relationships are all insane and things...?

I have learn how to be someone's other half, whilst still being me. Technically, it shouldn't be that hard. I've been me for 19 years, and I've never had to compromise with myself. People tell me that every relationship involves sacrifice, and compromise and that it's the little things that matter. I would like to think that after 19 years of it being just me, I know myself well enough to know how to bring all the best parts of myself to a relationship  Lord knows, I've witnessed enough of them over the years!

I will, of course, have my moments, I'm not sane at the best of times, let alone when my emotions are heightened but I will keep calm. I will. I will NOT turn into a crazy person... Ok, crazier person.
I will not get scared and push him away, I've seen quite a few people do that, I've never understood why... again, see my note on crazy people in relationships.

No, I will be the most wonderful girlfriend ever.
I mean, I have absolutely no idea what that entails; smiles, a good amount of make up, making sure his parents and friends like me, cooking...
Oh God, cooking.
We can cross that bridge when it comes to it.

Wonderful. Girlfriend.

I can do this.
I can do this... Right?

- Much love xo


No comments:

Post a Comment