About Me

My photo
22. Wanderlust Enthusiast. General Rambler.

Sunday 27 May 2012

Barcelona Solo

I want to get away, no, not want; Need. I need to get away because dear Lord I think I am going mad. (Madder than I feel on a standard day to day basis anyways, and that is already quiet a lot of mad).

Away from every single person I know and spend some time by myself, because frankly, although I love them all to death and wouldn't change my life for the world, they do all drive me slightly up the wall. I feel as though I am in a 50 year marriage with my life and all we seem to be doing is bitterly bickering at the moment. I'm pretty sure my life is having an affair with my imagination, a younger, cooler, prettier version of me. Humph.

No, it's not that I have finally lost my few remaining marbles, I just need to take a break. A break from my life. And I would like to take said break in Barcelona, by myself, for 10 days. I wouldn't spend all my time alone, I'd get the train to Valencia and see my friends who live there, which would mean spending a few days in one of my favorite cities.

I could visit museums, drink sangria on the beach, walk through Parc Guell and indulge in my Spanish. Plus I'd get to see the sun, see the sea and may even be inspired to start writing again. OH! And the Spanish boys, SHALL WE NOT FORGET THE SPANISH BOYS. All dark and handsome and, leg hairless (it's what they do over there, don't ask, I don't get it either.)

I don't know where I'd stay, in a hostel or a hotel. Maybe I'll spend the forth coming academic year saving and then fly to Valencia next may and rent a place for the summer, work in a local bar or club. Although, God forbid an English person spend the summer working in Spain and actually SPEAK Spanish. I know I should be wanting to work in the dizzying lights of Ibiza, getting paid to drink and avoid chlamydia for the summer but some how, I think I'd rather live out my Blair-Waldorf-in-Paris-for-the-summer fantasy and allow Valencia to be my New York and myself to be Carrie Bradshaw in 'Summer and The City'...

Sigh, I go home next week. I'll discuss this 10 day Barcelona plan with my Mother then, but right now I need to go to bed. I'm doing 9-5 at the office tomorrow. What a way to make a living, eh Dolly?

- Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment